Building Tomorrow's Leaders
SACNAS Chapter Leadership Institute (CLI) is a two and a half day program for SACNAS Chapter students looking to grow their individual leadership skills and maximize their chapter’s potential. Students will learn through small group exercises, keynote speakers, case studies from successful chapters, and inter-chapter community building. All participants will be equipped to emerge as leaders in their chapters and home institutions.
Follow on social media:
• Develop leadership competencies and critical take-away tools.
• Learn best practices for maximum chapter success and recruitment.
• Build community between chapters.
• Shared hotel accommodations will be provided for all participants.
• Access to a leadership coach after the institute.
Speakers + Facilitators
Carmen Schicklberger, PhD - 2018 CLI Keynote
Diana Azurdia PhD, Yvonne W. Rodríguez PhD, and Asis Lopez - 2018 CLI Facilitators
Robin D. Lόpez and Sarah Heraldo - 2018 CLI Community Building Activity Facilitators
Jose A. Cabrera, PhD - 2018 CLI Convening Speaker
All applicants must be:
• An undergraduate or graduate member of SACNAS at the time of application submission.
• A member of an active SACNAS Student Chapter (both officers & general members are encouraged to apply).
• Able to provide their own transportation to San Jose City College.*
*Limited travel funding is available for non-local participants.
Dates & Location
Date: August 3 to August 5 (2.5 days)
Location: San Jose City College, 2100 Moorpark Avenue, San Jose, CA 95128
Supported by funding from