Transform your Tomorrow
The Linton-Poodry SACNAS Leadership Institute (LPSLI) provides premier training for motivated underrepresented minority (URM) scientists, laying the foundation for them to lead institutional transformation. In collaboration with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the LPSLI is an intensive five-day course featuring small group exercises, keynote speakers, leadership development planning, networking opportunities, and extensive community building among selected participants.
• Offer an unparalleled curriculum that focuses on issues specific to the needs of underrepresented minority (URM) science leadership.
• Establish and support a rich network of leadership-minded URM scientists.
• Provide participants with take-away tools and individual planning to leverage leadership advancement at their home institutions.
Eligibility Note: APPLICATION HAS CLOSED
• Must be a current SACNAS member at the time of application submission.
• Must have a Doctorate degree.
• STEM field preferred.
• Open to all postdocs, early career, and mid-career professionals in academia, industry, government, and non-profits.
Dates & Location
• July 2019 (exact dates TBD) at the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington, D.C.
2018 LPSLI Cohort
Follow on social media: #2018LPSLI
Press Release: Cohort for 2018 Linton-Poodry SACNAS Leadership Institute
Honoring our Founders
Back in 2009 SACNAS founding members Dr. Clifton Poodry (Seneca) and Dr. Marigold Linton (Cahuilla-Cupeño) saw a need: there was no program dedicated to training the next generation of STEM leaders of color. As our mentors and leaders retire, who will be ready to lead our nationwide mission to diversify STEM?
Both distinguished leaders at SACNAS, Poodry and Linton led the founding of the SACNAS Summer Leadership Institute, developed in partnership with the American Association for the Advancement of Science. The institute trains and equips 30 PhD-level scientists each year, cultivating the largest cohort of diverse STEM leaders in the country.
Today the institute bears the name of its founders: the Linton-Poodry SACNAS Leadership Institute (LPSLI).