Voting Opens Tuesday, October 20, 2020!
Voting is an important way to contribute your voice to elect SACNAS’ next leaders and guide how they serve the community. All dues-paying SACNAS members are eligible and encouraged to vote on the following items in 2020:
- Four (4) General Board Member vacancies
- One (1) Student Board Member vacancies
Continue below for important information on board election voting materials, where to find your ballot, voting eligibility, and timeline.
Please review all candidate profiles before you place your vote!
Where To Find Your Ballot
All dues-paying SACNAS members (Student-level and above) will receive a link to their election ballot via email on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org via SurveyMonkey (please check your SPAM/JUNK folders).
If you cannot locate your ballot:
- Check your SPAM/JUNK folder first! SurveyMonkey emails can be filtered as spam. The email will come from email@example.com with the subject line: Enclosed: Your SACNAS Voting Ballot
- Confirm you are checking the email address you used for your SACNAS membership. If you are unsure which email is associated with your membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm you are an active dues-paying member (Student, Postdoc, Professional 1, Professional 2, Professional 3, Lifetime). Click here for instructions on how to check your membership status.
- If you have attempted all of the above, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Voting deadline is Friday, November 20, 2020 at 11:59pm PT
It is the policy of SACNAS not to discriminate against any individual or group for reasons of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental or sensory disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. SACNAS is committed to providing equal opportunities in all activities including application for Board service.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity and inclusion are more than just words to SACNAS. They are integral parts of our history, culture, and identity. They are the principles that founded our organization, guide our strategic path forward, and help us fulfill our mission. We continually seek to build and maintain a Board of Directors that reflects the rich diversity of our organization and country. We look for and celebrate diverse voices, experiences, backgrounds, and talents to help us approach our work fearlessly, spark creativity, drive innovation, improve constantly, and celebrate our successes. Simply put, everyone is welcome at SACNAS. We believe that an inclusive organization is one where our employees, volunteers, and board members feel empowered to be their full, authentic selves.