SACNAS-provided travel scholarships are one option for undergraduate and graduate students to consider when seeking funding support to attend the 2021 SACNAS National Diversity in STEM Conference. Accepted awardees will have access to registration, travel and/or lodging support from SACNAS, as well as specialized programming to welcome and orient them to the conference in October.
Application Opens March 10, 2021
For Undergrad/Graduate Students
Mark Your Calendar
Application Period Opens
March 10 at 9am PT
June 9 at 9am PT
April 16 at 5pm PT
July 9 at 5pm PT
Letter of Recommendation Deadline
Accept/Decline Offer Deadline
*The summer application period will be open only to undergraduate students in a summer research program. All other students should apply in the spring application period.
SACNAS has allocated privately funded resources towards our travel scholarship program. This allows for all students to be eligible for travel scholarships in 2021, regardless of citizenship and/or residency status. Note: Any information collected on citizenship status in the travel scholarship application is held strictly confidential and used only for the purposes of determining scholarship eligibility and overall attendee demographics.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a travel scholarship in the spring:
✓ Be a current SACNAS student-level member before applying for a travel scholarship
✓ Be at least 18 years of age (at the time of the conference)
✓ Be able to travel from within the U.S. or U.S. territories
✓ SPRING-ONLY! Be one of the following, during fall 2021:
- Undergraduate student interested in pursuing a higher education in a STEM field and enrolled in a two-year or four-year college/university
- Graduate student enrolled in a STEM program
- NOTE: The summer application period will ONLY open to undergraduate students in a summer research program. All other students should apply in the Spring.
- A complete SACNAS Travel Scholarship application will contain:
- Statement of purpose (500-word limit)
- One letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript (Unofficial transcript confirms that applicant is a currently enrolled student. GPA is NOTconsidered when reviewing a travel scholarship application.)
- Applications must be received through the online application submission system by April 16th, 2021, 5:00 PM Pacific Time.You will be responsible to ensure your application is complete, including following up with your recommender to ensure they submit their letter before their deadline.
- No email or late submissions will be accepted (It is recommended that you submit your application with ample time prior to the deadline to avoid any technical issues)
- All submissions are final.
Each application is assigned to the reviewers. SACNAS will analyze reviewer scores and comments, eligibility criteria, and the priority criteria below to allocate awards.
- Students who are attending and presenting for the first time at a SACNAS conference.
- Students who are attending a SACNAS conference for the first time but are not presenting.
- Students who are returning to a SACNAS conference and are presenting for the first time at a SACNAS conference.
- All other eligible students.
Conference Quick Links
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-SACNAS-1