Each year hundreds of members support our student community by participating in various reviewing and mentoring opportunities. Giving back time and feedback to our community empowers the future generation of STEM and helps uplift the SACNAS mission of fostering success for our members.
Here are just a few of the ways you can give back your time and energy to SACNAS:
Before the Conference
Review Student Applications
Applications reviewers are professionals with a bachelor’s degree or higher who volunteer to review 2021 SACNAS student applications online PRIOR to the conference.
Note: This is a pre-conference opportunity in the Spring and Summer. Volunteers are not eligible for discounted or waived conference registration. Students are not eligible to participate as reviewers.
As a research presentation application reviewer you will receive:
- Approximately 15 abstracts in your discipline to review
- Guidelines to score assigned abstracts
- Each abstract takes approximately 20 minutes to review. Total time = Approximately 5 hours between May 3 to May 14.
As a travel scholarship application reviewer you will receive:
- Approximately 20 scholarship applications to review
- Guidelines to score assigned applications
- Each application takes approximately 20 minutes to review. Total time = Approximately 6 hours between May 3 to May 14.
Conference Quick Links
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-SACNAS-1