#2021NDiSTEM Attendee Resources
Pre-Conference Check List
- IMPORTANT: Your sign-in credentials will come via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Welcome to The National Diversity in STEM Conference! Important Login Information Enclosed
- If you can’t find this email:
- FIRST, confirm you are checking the email address you used to register for the conference
- SECOND, check your spam/junk folder
- THIRD, email email@example.com for assistance
✅ Set-up your attendee profile, including an avatar (ie an image of you)
- PRO TIP: You’ll see a profile link below your headshot. Feel free to share this on social media using #2021NDiSTEM!
✅ Set your availability for 1/1 Appointments — THIS WILL ALLOW FELLOW ATTENDEES, EXHIBITORS, & PARTNERS to video chat with you
- If you clicked “Attend” for any sessions in the main agenda, your schedule will automatically block these times from any 1-1 appointments.
- If you need more time for 1-1 appointments, go to your Profile > scroll down to “My Availability” and re-configure these settings to fit your schedule and availability.
✅ Plan your time in the Digital Expo Hall (Click the Digital Exhibiting tab in the navigation menu and click into each booth to explore)
✅ Use the Directory to set up 1/1 Appointments (Click the Attendee Directory tab in the navigation menu)
✅ Attend STEM Research Day on Thursday, October 21 to network and engage with our Graduate Student Presenters!
- You are encouraged to bring your whole self. Click here to learn more.
- The digital platform does not allow virtual backgrounds (like in zoom). Make sure to plan on a background you don’t mind others seeing.
Tech Tips for Success
- Have the their notes printed out so they don’t need to have the presenter view window open and they can view their browser window or
- If they need to use presenter view, know that you will not being able to view your browser window with their session room during their active presentation.
During the Conference
🔧 If you need technical assistance, click “Help Desk” in the navigation menu
💫 If you have any concerns about behavior that does not align with our Code of Conduct, click HERE.
✅ Make sure to:
- Attend every Plenary session (This is where our Keynote & Featured Speakers, cultural celebrations and award ceremonies are happening!)
- Always introduce yourself in the session chat
- If you’d like to acknowledge what land you’re joining from, use this resource
- Attend Conversations with Scientists on Wednesday at 1pm PT
If you don’t know what to do or you have some free time….
- Visit the Student Research Presentations
- Use the attendee directory to set up 1/1 appointments
- Explore the Digital Expo Hall
- Shop the Indigenous Marketplace
- Take at least 1 photo in the photo booth
- Shop for limited-time SACNAS merchandise
- Visit the Video-On-Demand library to catch up on sessions. But remember, you have access for 365 days so make sure to prioritize live sessions! You can always find what’s happening now by clicking “Lobby”
💚 If have a question about the conference program or SACNAS in general, visit us in the SACNAS booth
We can’t wait to see you at #2021NDiSTEM! Make sure to introduce yourself to other attendees on social media using our official conference hashtag: