SACNAS is excited to announce that the first annual Postdoc Leadership Institute (PLI) will be taking place at 2019 SACNAS – The National Diversity in STEM Conference!
PLI is a two-part workshop for postdocs looking to develop their leadership skills and ability to bring their whole selves – including their culture – to work as an asset. Participants will access a customized curriculum, mentoring opportunities, practical training, and the opportunity to join a strong network of fellow diverse STEM leaders for year-round support.
Accepted participants will be equipped with:
- • Skills to lead teams and set priorities
- • Discernment – Ability to know yourself and navigate any space, from your research to your relationships with colleagues and potential employers
- • Bringing your whole self – including your culture – to your work as an asset
- • Identity as a competence – you bring insight others may not have
- • A network of fellow diverse STEM leaders for year-round support
- • Open to postdocs
- • Consideration may also be given to advanced graduate students who will be defending their dissertations within 12 months
Date & Location
PLI is taking place in conjunction with 2019 SACNAS — The National Diversity in STEM Conference in Honolulu, HI, October 30 to November 2, 2019.
- • PLI workshops are on Wednesday, October 30 and Saturday, November 2 – with roadmap to the 2019 conference in between (October 31 – November 1)
- • Accepted applicants are eligible for covered hotel fees for Tuesday, October 29