Take Control Of Your Future!
- A free training and job placement event for those interested in STEM careers in industry
- A chance to learn how to bring your whole self to the job search
- An opportunity to be matched with ready-to-hire employers for interviews
Application Deadline: Friday, November 19 at 5pm PT
- Must be a dues-paying SACNAS member
- Be one of the following at the time of submission: community college, undergraduate, post baccalaureate, graduate student, post-doctoral researcher, or early/mid-career professional interested in a career in industry
Participants will have the opportunity to:
Access innovative tools for bringing your whole self to STEM
Identify your individual strengths to maximize your effectiveness during your job search
Build 21st century success skills necessary to thrive in private industry
Participate in unique engagements between career seekers and industry partners looking to hire diverse STEM talent
CareerCon is SACNAS’ response to our members expressed and growing interest in pursuing a career in industry. CareerCon is an immersive, fully experiential cohort-based career matching event launching digitally on 2/22/2022!
CareerCon is intended to fundamentally reimagine the career fair while bringing talent development and matching into the 21st century. CareerCon is a cohort-based career event that will engage high-caliber STEM career seekers in an immersive program, providing innovative tools for bringing your whole self to STEM, recognizing your strengths, and the building 21st century success skills necessary to thrive in private industry. Additionally, CareerCon will create unique engagements between career seekers and industry partners who are looking to hire diverse STEM talent!
Our current industry partners include Janssen (J&J), Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, LLC, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), IBM, NSA, and so many more!
Each partner organization will have at least 5 positions available to match with our SACNISTA job seekers. These positions will range from undergraduate internships, to postdoctoral work, all the way to early/mid-career research and development roles.
CareerCon will take place digitally from February 22-24, 2022 with a 4-hour time commitment each day of the event.
Dues-paying SACNAS members can attend CareerCon at NO additional cost! That’s right! CareerCon is FREE for attendees to participate in a life-changing experience!