Note: Being accepted to present does NOT provide you a free registration, nor automatically qualify you for a SACNAS travel scholarship. All applicants must follow the below guidelines to be considered for a research presentation at the SACNAS NDiSTEM conference:
1. A complete SACNAS research presentation application will contain:
Note: No graphics or schema (charts) are allowed. Do not add citations in your abstract.
- Title of Abstract
- A complete abstract (Word limit is 250 maximum), which includes:
- A hypothesis or statement about the problem under investigation
- A statement of the experimental methods/materials used
- Results provided in summary form (even if preliminary)
- The full names and degrees of each author (Include the order of authors)
- Approval from your principal investigator (PI) for submission and publication of your abstract
2. Applications must be received through the online abstract submission system by the assigned deadline.
TIP: Double-check for grammatical errors before submitting your application.
- No email or late submissions will be accepted (It is recommended that you submit your abstract with ample time prior to the deadline to avoid any technical issues)
- All submissions are final.
- Only one abstract submission per student is acceptable. (A student with multiple applications will automatically be rejected)
3. Students working on the same research project are required to submit an abstract written in their own words. If identical abstracts are submitted, all applications will be immediately disqualified from the NDiSTEM Conference.
4. If you did your research as an undergraduate student but will be a graduate student in Fall 2024, please submit an undergraduate application.
5. Graduate students who have previously given an oral presentation at a SACNAS NDiSTEM Conference are not eligible to apply for an oral presentation. However, they are encouraged to apply for a poster presentation. Graduate students who have never given an oral presentation at a SACNAS conference are welcome to submit an application for an oral presentation.