What is Included in a Scholarship?
A SACNAS scholarship includes travel, lodging, and registration for the in-person conference happening October 27 to 29 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Application Components & Requirements
- A complete SACNAS registration scholarship application will contain:
- Statement of purpose (500-word limit)
- One letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript (Unofficial transcript confirms that applicant is a currently enrolled student. GPA is NOTconsidered when reviewing a travel scholarship application.)
- Applications must be received through the online application submission system by July 8th, 5 PM Pacific Time. You will be responsible to ensure your application is complete, including following up with your recommender to ensure they submit their letter before their deadline.
- No email or late submissions will be accepted (It is recommended that you submit your application with ample time prior to the deadline to avoid any technical issues)
- All submissions are final.
Each application is assigned to the reviewers. SACNAS will analyze reviewer scores and comments, eligibility criteria, and the priority criteria below to allocate awards.
- Students who are attending and presenting for the first time at a SACNAS NDiSTEM conference.
- Students who are attending a SACNAS NDiSTEM conference for the first time but are not presenting.
- Students who are returning to a SACNAS NDiSTEM conference and are presenting for the first time at a SACNAS NDiSTEM conference.
- All other eligible students.